Monday, May 18, 2009

Day Six

Day 6

The prayers are working! Keep them coming. The cancer count in Britney’s blood is at 2% today. That is great! However, the marrow is still full of “bad news bears”, but that is what she is going to start fighting next. FYI (I have decided to call the cancer cells (“Bad News Bears”))

Brit is getting several types of medication. Some are to cure what is already there, and some are to prevent what we do not want to happen. (This could include kidney stones, and much more. We will deal with that later if we have to.)
Most medications are going through her central line at this point. She has a few meds that she rinses her mouth with to keep bacteria levels down, but for the most part, it is all through her central line. This will change day-by-day thought the treatment.
Because of Britney’s treatment, she now has diabetes. This condition comes on because of all the extra meds they are pushing through her. Before each meal, she has to have her sugars tested, and have a dose of insulin. Isn’t that great, poor thing is turning into a pin cushion. Today the nurse came in before dinner, and asked her where on her fingers she wanted the “poke”. Britney stuck out her left thumb and said to her, “Do it here, this is my NON texting finger”. I just had to laugh. That is sooooo Britney.  The diabetes is something that is normal through treatment. Like I said, it comes on because of all this, and it is something that the Doc’s are well aware of. It just bums me out to see her not only having to deal with cancer, but that on top of it.
Tomorrow is the day where the “hard chemo” is started. She referred to it as “hard chemo” I think because that is when the yucky symptoms start to come on. She is scared, as anyone would be. Please keep the prayers headed in Britney’s direction. I know they are working.
Brit, you know you are loved when people are praying for you all over the globe. New York, Idaho, Slovenia, Spain, Hawaii, and that’s just to name a few I’m sure.
WE LOVE YOU BRITNEY!!!

5 comments:

  1. that is so Brit..concerned about her texting finger!!! Cracks me up!!! I am excited to go and see her tonight!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Philly is praying too! Brit, I am thinking of you constantly. So proud of you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're all praying for you here in Hawaii, Joe and Britney! I hope you can feel the love and comfort we're all sending your way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brit! Me veseli, da si se vedno vesela-mislim jaz, da je Bozji dar, da imas toliko vere in upanja. Rada te imam!
    I've been thinking about you lot this week and I am praying for you. We can't always understand God's purposes, but know that He loves you and is refining you into pure gold. You are amazing, and I wish I could come see you, but we're in California for the summer. So, just know that prayers are floating up somewhere by LA for you. :)
    Take care, si faca.
    Mam te ful rada! :) Sabrina & Matt

    ReplyDelete
  5. There are prayers here in New Mexico!

    ReplyDelete