Saturday, May 30, 2009

Day Eighteen

Day 18.... And a few more
Sorry for the slack. Life has caught up with me….

Well, these past few days have been fun. Britney continues to do well. Friday night we had a girl’s night and were able to hang out and be with Brit just like old times. She dressed up in her getup, and we wandered the 8th floor of LDS hospital for some time. We got some fun pictures and drew on the wall. We all literally just sat for hours, told stories, and laughed. Rachael and Mary brought up some yummy chocolate covered strawberries and crumble for the nurses/doctors on the 8th floor. (Which by the way, they all loved)
It is so good to get together with us girls. Its funny all this time has passed, and all of our lives have changed in so many different ways, yet somehow, when we all get together everything just goes away, and we just enjoy each other for a night.
Brit has had a break from chemo for a few days. She is still on the steroid drip, and a few antibiotics, but the chemo will not start again until I believe Tuesday.
Every time I talk to Britney she just amazes me more and more. She has the attitude that every person should have. She knows that Heavenly Father is going to take care of her, plain and simple.
One entry I have not wanted to write about came knocking at my door tonight. Britney called me and said she is loosing her hair. Not just a little bit. She decided she is going to shave it tomorrow. Other people that have been through the same thing HIGHLY suggest this. (I wrote more about this several posts back)
It is funny how our minds will play tricks on us. Because Brit has been doing so well, it just seems weird that she is even there. We even joke that we are going to sneak her outta there and go run errands. Everyday I just keep thinking that it will not happen to her (the hair loss). I do not know if it is just false hope or what, but inside it is just hard to accept. Maybe it would have been one thing if she had not been doing so well.… Fact is, Britney is suffering from a disease, and the hair loss, at least for me, gives me a big fat dose of reality again. (I hope that does not sound weird) Life is more important that the hair on our heads though, and it is so great that she understands that.
Your life is going to be so enriched for this experience Brit. You are so amazing, and I wish I had even a fraction of your faith. Joe is the luckiest man ever! I am so happy that you 2 get to spend eternity together. Isn’t that the greatest feeling?
I love you Brit!!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you had a fun night with your friends 8o) Laughing is very good for you 8-D

    If your hair goes, I know it will only be temporary. It will grow back for sure. A lady in our ward had the greatest scarves and hats. She always looked very classy when she had her bout with cancer. Her hair is back now.

    ReplyDelete