Saturday, May 23, 2009

Day Eleven

Today, I want to focus this post about someone else. Today, it is all about Joe. What an amazing man is he? Today, I went in with a few of our other friends and we chatted with Brit and Joe. Britney looked awesome. Seriously, she looked well-rested and happy and just looked good. There really is no other news from yesterday so today I wanted to talk about Joe.
While we sat and laughed and talked, Joe, came and cuddled with his Brit on the bed and fell asleep. Man, did he look tired! Joe is honestly amazing. The love he has for Britney is so awesome! Did you know that he has spent every single night there with her? Sleeping in a chair!! I asked him if he had slept at home at all and this is exactly what he said, "No, I have spent every night here with her. I will not leave until I leave with her."
Did you also know that on top of this he has packed up their whole house and moved their stuff to his parents? Do you also know that he has a wedding coming up this week in his family that he is trying to help out with as well? Did you also know that he goes to work full time? Did you also know that when I tried to call Britney one day, he called me back to fill me in on the news just because she was napping and he wanted to let her sleep?
What LOVE!
Joe did look so tired and worn out. Sometimes we (or maybe just I) tend to forget that there are many other people suffering along with Britney. I am quite sure that he has had one of the hardest weeks in his life. Just watching her and knowing that there is nothing he can do is probably just as hard on him as it is on Britney.
While we were in the room, Brit left for a minute to go to the bathroom and we continued and talking and laughing. I don't remember exactly what we were talking about at the moment, but I do know that at one point he looked up at us and said, "I love her so much!" I could truly see the love for her and the pain he is also feeling.
Oh Joe, you are seriously so wonderful and amazing! I know Brit is doing as good as she is and fighting as hard as she can because she has you to love her and help her and support her.
So tonight, I want us to remember Joe in our prayers with Britney. He has been her rock through all of this and truly needs our prayers as much as she does. Keep being the best husband you can be! We LOVE you Joe!
Mel

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait til we post some more pictures on here!! Especially some of my wedding!! I don't love that first picture of me and Joe....Unfortunately am still vain. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe, you have been in each and every one of my prayers as well as Britney. I know you are going thru this with her and how hard it must be and how helpless you must feel at times. But you are never alone. Neither of you. The Lord knows and is mindful of you. I hope you can feel His love, strength and comfort today. And I hope you both can get some rest 8-)

    xoxoxo Aunt Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you my aunt brit!!!! i pray for you lots!!!! And miss you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete