Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day one

Day one:

It is all about Britney. Britney Jill Mcpherron Graham. Who would have thought that this beautiful person would have to face something so hard?.
It’s funny how you hear awful things about other people that you don’t really know, and say to yourself, how sad, or Ill pray for them, God speed, whatever…… However, when it’s someone that you know, and truly love, and would do anything for, it actually makes you sit back and look at life. What really matters?
Well, Ill stop the suspense, Britney was diagnosed with Leukemia today. A.L.L to be exact. That stands for acute lymphatic leukemia. From what we are being told, it is very treatable, and people are healed from it often. Good thing.
Because today is literally day one, everyone involved is in shock. There will be so much information to follow I am sure of it.
This past week Britney hasn’t felt good, she has been in and out of I believe 2 or 3 different doctors offices trying to pin point what exactly is going on. Maybe some type of stones, maybe her birth control was messing with her, maybe she pulled a muscle in her side. One of the doctors finally decided to take some blood, and see if he could narrow anything down. He told her he would call her personally by Wednesday, (which was today) and tell her if anything was abnormal. Abnormal it is. I cannot believe it.
So, Britney gets the phone call and tells her that she otta come in to have a little chat. A few hours later, she is on her way to LDS hospital, and she is told she cannot leave for at least 4 weeks. Did not even have a chance to run home and get her things. Wow how life can change for someone just like that. One of those situations where they are being very cautious and want to give her the best treatment. I guess that included not risking any type of injury, just go straight to the hospital, and that is what she did.
Thank goodness Britney is the strongest gal I know. She has always been the type that only complains when it is bad.
Matt and I ran to the hospital as soon as we got the OK. Cute little thing was just sitting there being pricked by some guy. They wanted to start an IV tonight to get fluids going. Well, after he tried, he couldn’t find a good enough spot, so on to the next girl. Once…. Twice…. Nope!!! She could not get it either. Let’s try a 3rd person. Once, Twice, Third time was a charm for her. Her Iv was placed on her upper arm. Right by her armpit. That is the only place they could find a good vein. Goodness, just watching that, and how strong she already is. I would have punched the first phlebotomist who didn’t get it. Not really.
Well, back to the question that I asked earlier… What really matters?
What really matters to me right now, is that Britsky gets better. I am so happy that she has Joe (her husband) to help her through this time. Although this would not be a fun thing to deal with ever, at least she has Joe to love her and cherish her no matter what. Not only Joe, but also many others that love her and support her.
Thank goodness for blessings and prayers. Thank goodness for eternal families.
Thank heavens for doctors and all that help cure this awful disease.
I love you Britney so much. I am going to try to keep a website going for you. The more readers, the better. Because all that means is more prayers for you!!!
Just a little side note to anyone who may read this that doesn’t know me, I can not spell. So in advance, I apologize. I have a hard time proof reading, because I get bored, so if there is an unfinished sentence somewhere, feel free to use your imagination. Go ahead and fill it in in your mind Or, you could ask questions if any arise. That’s my disclaimer.
Pray for Britney! That’s all I ask!!! Ill update tomorrow. They say day 2 is a very long day. She is getting a central line placed in sometime in the AM tomorrow. As far as I understand, it is so she will not have to keep being poked with the needles. Then she will start Chemotherapy.

9 comments:

  1. Brittany, you are an amazing woman! You can do this! You will do well! Our prayers and thoughts are with you. It was fun to see you Saturday at the Rack. Who would have thought? Stay tough! We will check your progress! We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Britney! Oh man, how much love I have for you... Just know that I will be thinking of you - I'm so glad that you have such an amazing family and a dear, sweet husband (Hi Joe!). Feel free to call me if you feel so inclined. Also, I miss you. Love, Ky

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOu can do this Brit!! You are surrounded by so many people that love you!! I am one of them!! You have always amazed me with your awesome laugh that is so contagious! You have always been a pillar of strenghth for my sister and for that I will always love you! Let us know (through Kenz) if there is anything we can do!!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brit, Prayers for you have and will be answered. I love you and Joe so very much and know that Heavenly Father will bless you in so many ways. I will come dance for ya tonight to make ya laugh, Don't act like you do not want that! :) Keep your head up my beautiful princess and your tears will be gone in no time! We love you, and here is to the amazing blessings! Love you, Shaelynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brit!! I am so sorry that you are going through this..what a shock..but you are like Shee-ra(he-man's friend!)and you will beat this!!! My boys were very sad today when I told them what was going on..and Spencer said "She will be fine mom..we just need to pray for her"..so just know that there are people who love and care about you very much that are going to help you get through this!!!! Stay strong and just remember....you will beat this!! We love you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry..that above post was from me....I was still logged in with Kenzie's info!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Britney....you are beautiful, positive, and just plain delightful. I know that you have the strength to fight whatever comes your way. I love you very much...and just between me and you..."Ti ke majmunin e madh" Love you! Sultana

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! Ihad no idea! Tell Britt that we love her and are praying for her!! Keep us all posted!!
    Angie & Dallas lundquist

    ReplyDelete