Thursday, May 14, 2009

Day 2

How do you go about explaining this? Our little Brit has made it through day 2! Today brought a lot of news For Britney. The diagnosis was confirmed. It is in fact A.L.L.
Britney had a pretty awful night. The IV that was placed by her arm day one came out on a potty break in the middle of the night. It became immediately uncomfortable for her. (duh) They removed it and she was given a heating pad to help with the pain. It did not help much. By this time, it was middle of the night and she started becoming very irritable. I am sure after all the pokes and prods; you can only take so much before you want to scream. She was tired and just wanted too sleep. She estimated about 2 hours of sleep last night. I know for sure she can live off no sleep at all because we use to do it as teenagers all the time. Lol
This morning the line was placed and she said she is very grateful for it. She said it was painful, but not nearly like the IVs have been. Now they can easily medicate her, and draw blood without new bruises every time. That is a plus for sure. I know she had to give bone marrow. I haven’t talked to her about that yet personally, but somehow down the grapevine I heard that she had given it. She did not like it. Who would?
I am still very much out of the loop. I am trying to get as much info as possible, but I think at this time Britney and Joe are just trying to take it all in, and then they can start the process of repeating it to everyone time and time again once they know for sure the road they are headed on.
I was only there for a little bit with her today. Hopefully tomorrow she can have a better day. A few of us friends went up to take her some toys. She looked very tired. Someone can be tired, and upbeat at the same time right. Well, I know they can, because she was! It was a little crazy at the hospital while I was there just because the doctor had finally come to discuss treatment options. There were many people in and out the whole time, so we decided it was best to leave, and we will catch up later. All I know for now, is that she is starting Chemotherapy Saturday.
I texted Joe around 6, and I just asked how she was doing because I hadn’t heard, and this is his direct quote “Just more tests, She’s doing great, She’s so strong.” Tear! Joe, you are so amazing. Hang in there friend!
Britney is so strong, and she will do great through this whole journey. She is full of light and smiles even through all of this. I know that she feels everyone’s love. Tomorrow we are having a fast for her for anyone that would like to participate.

5 comments:

  1. No, not Britney! I started crying when I heard the news. She is the sweetest and funniest person I know! Britney, you ARE in my prayers, hang in there! I love you!
    Love, Cindy T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the "Opportunity" to have my bone marrow drawn ONCE too. I'm so sorry! I remember it like they were flippin me with an elastic band on my hip.It is amazing that they can find so much out about your body with a test like that. Who would have thought? Amazing! I think I even laughed when they did it. You are a tough cookie! You are in our thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brits doing great! thank you to everyone for your support and prayers. keep the comments coming, she loves to read them.
    Love you all, Joe

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you Brit! <3 Ti si moja draga frendica :D Vedno si v mojem srcu in molitvah :D Bodi mocna in pridna. --- Colin Bero

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brit i pray for you every night!And you are so awesome!i love you!!! keep strong girl!You can do it (my favorite aunt)!

    ReplyDelete