Saturday, May 16, 2009

Day Four

Day 4

Two things I want to cover today. Most likely, it will turn into like 10, but for now, just two.
First thing breaks my heart, Matt and I went and visited Brit today. The side effects have officially started kicking in. She still looks great as far as color and strength. At the time I saw her which was around noon, she had already thrown up three times. She said she is just feeling a little nauseous. It breaks me up inside to realize this is just the beginning. I have been getting upset inside and wondering why her. I realize this is not the right question to ask at this time, but let’s face it, I do wonder. She’s just my little Britsky who doesn’t deserve it. Not that anyone does AT ALL, but I’m just saying. Especially not her!
What I need to remember, is that everything happens for a reason. I believe that God knows us and understands what we can handle. This is going to be a learning and growing experience for everyone involved. Britney is so positive. I’m not sure that “funny” would be the right word to describe this next sentence, but for lack of a better word right now, its “funny” how she is reacting to it all. At least when I see her. It is almost as if she doesn’t have leukemia at all. She almost laughs it off, like, oh no big deal.
I am so very very happy for her attitude. I am glad it isn’t any other way. I think it is so important that she and everyone around her do stay positive. Who knows, maybe that’s part of this life’s “test”?
Ok, moving on to the second issue. Today I went to a credit union and set Britney up a “charitable account”. As you all can imagine the situation they have found themselves in is not going to be cheap. I have not talked figures with them, as that information is not my business. With that said, a 2-income household, down to one, most likely is not easy on the pocket book. Any donations would help them out more than we could imagine I’m sure. You can call America First Credit Union. There are branches all over the state. The account is under Britney Mcpherron Graham.
Thank you all, and remember, Pray for Brit!!!
WE LOVE YOU BRITNEY!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. We love you and you are so strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. McPherron!
    I just heard- I'm so sorry about all this, but I know if anybody could get through this- it would be you! You are so strong and hands down the most positive person I know. Rada te imam! Za vekomaj! Bog zivi in ti bo pomagal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oops- the comment above is from Celeste (mahlum) (i'm signed in under Rich's account)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love You Brit!! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brit,
    I just found out about your diagnosis today from Traci, and was devastated to hear it! I am so sorry that you have to go through this, but I know if anyone can beat it, it's you!! Know that we are praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. McPherron,
    I just found out about all of this. I'm so sorry. I love you and will pray for you! I want to come see you if it's possible-text me if you can have visitors.
    Love, Emily (Bate)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Britney - we just read the message today about your illness. We are dumbfounded! We love you! We'll pray for you every day. Hope to come see you in a week or so - if you're still feeling up to visitors. With the Lord's help, you'll lick this thing. Thank goodness for modern medicine and for miracles! Thank goodness for Joe, and for your supportive family, and all your "best friends"! Keep smiling - that's the best medicine there is - and you have that innate ability.
    Love & hugs,
    Bob & Maurine Miles

    ReplyDelete
  8. Britney! Ne verjamem, da se je to zgodilo!! You have always been an inspiration to me with your positive attitude and your great laugh, and you are only more so now!
    I just got back from Slovenija on Friday and I saw Heli and Zlatko! Zlatko is up to 6 different cancers now, but he is just as happy as ever. I know that Heavenly Father will give you the strength you need to do the same. Nikoli ne pozabi koliko te ima Nebeski Oce rad!!
    Jaz te imam rada tudi, bom molila zate!!
    Rachel (Harris) Jensen

    ReplyDelete