Saturday, June 13, 2009

Garage sale success






Today was an amazing day at the garage sale. To be honest it was a much better turn out than I had anticipated. It is truly rejuvenating to see how many people love, care, and support our sweet Britney. The bake sale in my opinion was the best; there were so many cookies, cakes, cupcakes, lemon squares, bread. Yummy. Toward the end, like the last hour I would say, we started “liquidating” all the items. We just tried to get rid of as much as possible. It was awesome.
We did have quite a bit left over, but we took it to D.I, and also saved some of it for another garage sale in the future. Somebody in Brits ward donated a fishing boat, and we sold it for full price. We had talked about maybe lowering the price in order to get rid of it, but everyone was so giving, and we sold it for what we wanted.
This one particular woman stopped by after going to the post office. She said that she just saw the signs for it. She shopped for quite a while, and we gave her some good deals. As we were “closing the deal”, if you will, I mentioned that all the proceeds were going to my best friend who had recently been diagnosed with leukemia. She immediately said that she felt so bad for her. She sent her love to Brit and wished her well.
Well, about an hour or so later, the same woman showed back up and donated an additional $20 dollars because she felt so bad for getting such a good deal. I just thought it was so kind that she would do that. I love how giving people are. Jill (Britney’s mom) said that as she left (the woman who got the “good deal”), she got into her car and was crying. I keep getting teary eyed even thinking about this woman. I just have so much love for her that she would even think to come back and donate more. It was so nice, and I felt so bad that she felt bad.
Anyway, Brit came for a while and was able to see everyone that was there. We were able to get some fun pictures of her and her cousins. ….. Welcome Meg who flew in from Hawaii this morning…. I love you! The weather could not have been much better. It sprinkled for a few minutes, but it felt so nice. It was seriously perfect. We had a huge car port type thing, so most everything stayed dry while it sprinkled.
Britney was so thankful to everyone that helped. Her and Joe stayed for a while and visited. It is sad because she looked very tired. I think it is just because she is home now, and wants to do all sorts of things. Truth is, she has been in pretty much one room for weeks, and has not been use to doing so much for a while. The past few days have probably just been a little much for her. Nonetheless, she is still amazing. She felt nauseated today, which is never fun but she is keeping that beautiful smile on her face.
Well, this is quite the long post, so enjoy some pictures from our day. Thanks again to everyone who came.I have so much love for everyone today, especially my mom and sisters for helping, and making so many cute things.I truly love you all so much,and I am so forever thankful for you.
We love you Brit!

2 comments:

  1. I can not even express mine an Joe's love for all of you guys!!!! My heart has been soooo full this day with gratitude towards my friends and loved ones. Kenzie and Matt, thank you two soooooooo much for everything you did today. You were so truly dedicated and I know that withot your hard-work this would have never turned out!!! Gol, there were sooo many people who helped out!! Thank you Shae! Connie, and Julie for your yummy treats and beautiful picture frames! Thank you Julie McOmber for your clothes, The Glausers for your pantoon boat....The Cannons for so many more things!! Jeremy and Randi and the girls for their bikes! Adam and Erin for your generous donation!!!! We love you both so much! I know that I am forgetting a million other things! Mel and your beautiful apron's. Thank you Cori for the wonderful shirts!! They were an inspiration! Jewels and you're beautiful jewerly. Karen and Garry for the delicious carrot cake and high chairs and sooo much more. And for all of the setting up!! Thanks Emily and Saltana, Natalie, Michelle and Morgan family for sticking it through the whole time!! And everyone who came down!!! Thank you mommy and Ebbie and Daddy for setting up and staying and working so hard!! Thank you Jar Norm and Meggie for coming and my cute Tracy, Corbyn, Christine, Terri, Julie, Krisha Maddie, and Gabby!!! Jolene and Gary....and soooo much more!! Megan, the traitor!!! :) I love you!! Greg and Marie!! And soooo many more!!! Gol, I love you guys!! Joe and my heart are over-flowing with emotion right now and I just want you to know that though I have not mentioned everyone here by name, just know how much I love you and how I am striving each day to keep you all in my prayers. I couldn't be doing this without so many righteous and loving people sorounding us and supporting us. Sorry about the spelling.....I'm tired and have a little chemo-brain now... :) I love you all,
    Brit and Joe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry we weren't able to be there. I'm glad it went so well 8-)

    ReplyDelete