Friday, June 26, 2009

Day 45

Hi Everyone!!! This is Britney Jill Graham. Sorry it has been so long since this wonderful blog has been updated. I just want to say that I am sooooo grateful for Kenzie and Melanie for keeping everyone updated and for doing so much for me!! You two are absolutely incredible and the bestest friends EVER!!! I love you guys!!
I also want to thank everyone else for all of your love and support and PRAYERS!!!! Thank you soooo much for your concern and for following Joe’s and my journey with leukemia. And I am glad to tell everyone that as of June 19, 2009, I was officially told that I was in REMISSION!!! Based on a bone marrow biopsy, I have less than 1% of leukemia left in my bone marrow!!! Which is awesome and a miracle! To be officially pronounced in remission you have to have less than 5% of leukemia in your bone marrow. So I passed!! YAHOO!! So I am in remission, which means they have control of my leukemia and they are going to make sure it doesn’t come back. So here is the start of a looonnngggg two years.
But there has been a little hick-up in my treatment as of right now…..As Kenzie had mentioned, once I was pronounced “in remission” I was to be immediately placed back into the hospital where I would be treated with some more wonderful chemo for 3-7 days. Well, I haven’t been admitted to the hospital yet. Unfortunately, due to a previous chemo, and 2 other forms of medication, my liver is inflamed. The liver is a helpful filter and I really need it to be strong to filter out my chemos, but it has been damaged. The doctors are trying everything they can to reverse it. Because of my inflamed liver, I have come down with an icky case of jaundice. My skin is a pretty yellow and so are my eyes. It’s also made me super thirsty and made me retain water….especially in my poor little feeties.
As of today, my jaundice is improving and my eyes are getting lighter. I’m still really thirsty, but my swelling is going down too. I’m keeping my feet up and trying to take it easy. Also, a small blessing from all of this is that because of my liver and not being hospitalized yet, I get to go camping with my family up at the Snake River in Wyoming. It’ll just be from Friday night to Sunday afternoon. A short and sweet little trip. I’m excited to go be in the fresh air and I’m excited that my honey gets to run the river that he loves. He and Joe’s family have been running the Snake River every year since Joe can remember, so he is so excited to go. As am I!!! I get to go on the river too, but just on the kiddie run. But I am ok with that. It will feel so good to be out in Heavenly Father’s beautiful nature and float lazily down a river.
I’ll continue to keep you all updated. Please keep following our blog and thank you again for all of your many prayers. They are working miracles!! I love you all soooo very much and don’t be strangers. Keep up the prayers! Have a wonderful weekend!!

5 comments:

  1. I'm sooooo happy to hear that you are doing so well in spite of some "bumps" in the road. This is just great news!! I hope you have a very fun time this weekend 8-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post just made my day!!! Such good news. You are so strong Britney. That is wonderful that you get to go on a camping trip. I honestly can't think of a more relaxing thing than to be outdoors in nature and with your hubby and family. That is my idea of a great time! I hope you have a nice time and relax. Thank you for updating. It's so good to get the updates and to follow how you're doing. You have a truly peaceful and beautiful Spirit that shines through. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Britney- you're going to think this is so crazy (b/c i did) but this is the girl that you met at the Smith's pharmacy the other day... Natalie. I was invited by Shaylyn Anderson( who I went to high school with) to attend a 5k in behalf of a Britney who was diagnosed with lukemia in May. I thought, "that has to be the Britney that I met at Smiths the other day" and when I clicked on your blog.. IT WAS!! Small world. I just have to tell you that I have told multiple people about meeting you. You were the most positive person with lukemia that I have ever met. Not to mention, you were incredibly friendly to me when you had every reason to not want to talk to a stranger. I admire you for your obvious faith in God's plan for your life. You made a very positive impact on me. Goes to show that you never know who and how you will effect the people you meet. I wish you all the best of luck!
    -Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Britney- you're going to think this is so crazy (b/c i did) but this is the girl that you met at the Smith's pharmacy the other day... Natalie. I was invited by Shaylyn Anderson( who I went to high school with) to attend a 5k in behalf of a Britney who was diagnosed with lukemia in May. I thought, "that has to be the Britney that I met at Smiths the other day" and when I clicked on your blog.. IT WAS!! Small world. I just have to tell you that I have told multiple people about meeting you. You were the most positive person with lukemia that I have ever met. Not to mention, you were incredibly friendly to me when you had every reason to not want to talk to a stranger. I admire you for your obvious faith in God's plan for your life. You made a very positive impact on me. Goes to show that you never know who and how you will effect the people you meet. I wish you all the best of luck!
    -Natalie

    ReplyDelete