Monday, June 1, 2009

Day Twenty

Day 20

I cannot believe it is day 20. As you all can tell, Brits hair is gone. I have never seen anyone look so good! I was a little nervous to be honest to see Brit for the first time, just because I didn’t really know what to expect. It was as normal as can be. I am not sure why I was expecting anything else, I was just nervous I guess. Anyway, she pulls it off well. I am truly not that surprised, she can pull off a lot of different looks.

Down to business: I haven’t talked to Brit much today, but the only update I really have is kind of stupid according to her. The doctors told her that her last labs showed too many lipids in her blood (this is normal).
When she was admitted, she was instantly on a “low-microbial” diet. You can go to(http://www.ucsfhealth.org/childrens/medical_services/cancer/bmt/diet.html) to learn more about that…
SOOOOO…. Now she is on not only the low microbial diet, but now, this just in, a low fat diet. How LAME. I guess it will be good, but it really puts a damper on the situation. It was irritating not being able to eat fresh fruits/vegetables/anything cold, but now low fat…. “You gotta roll with the punches” Brit. I have been singing that song all day.

Clearly, a low fat diet is good for anyone, not just cancer patients. BUT, when you are confined to a room for weeks and weeks, food is something that you look forward to. Its gotta be a big bummer when it gets taken away from you. I guess my advice would be just go extreme. Make it worth it.

I love you Brit, and so do sooooo many others. Keep your chin up. I seriously think you are so dang cute with your hair that way. Just embrace it, and show it off!!!

xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment