Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Last Days in Consolidation 1-C. Yahoo!!!!!

Hey everyone!!
It's Britney here. I'm just hanging out at the hospital for a couple of days. This stay is the last of the "official" stays in the hospital. That has made it a whole lot easier for me. I'll officially be a out-patient!! Yahoo!! That makes me soooo happy. As nice as the care is here at LDS hospital, it's always just a little bit nicer to be at home and to sleep in your own bed. I missed that last night....but I had my loving and supportive husband with me. He slept right beside me in the good ol' lazy-boy again. He slept in that chair the whole month I was first admitted to the hospital. He only missed one night only because he was trying to move us into his parents' house and it was 11:30 at night and I made him stay home. :) I love him soooo much!
So I just wanted to today a little of my treatment plan that I am going through so you can understand the title to this blog entry. :) My first month stay in the hospital was titled Induction. Which was to induce me into remission. Once I was officially in remission i started the consolidation 1 phase of my treatment. This phase is split into three sections,each section being three weeks long. Consolidation 1-A, 1-B and 1-C. This Monday I just started consolidation 1-C. I'm receiving high doses of a specific chemotherapy drug and are also introducing me into a new chemo so they want to keep an eye on me and see how I do. So far I have done great with each new chemo drug so we are crossing our fingers that history will repeat its self. I will continue this new drug for a few more days after I am out of the hospital tomorrow. :) After this phase I get a nice little break for 2 weeks and then start the Central Nervous System Radiation Phase. I go in every day for CNS radiation for 2 weeks. Eight sessions of cooking my brain! :) Also during these 2 weeks I'll have to have 4 spinal taps... sooooo they say i will be very tired and run down. But at least I won't be nausea and it will give me an excuse to take some good naps! :)
In October I will start Consolidation 2 Phase which lasts for 36 weeks. It will consist of more chemotherapy but no more hospital stays!!! I'll get to do more chemo at home and a once a week visit to the Clinic here at LDS hospital. I should react well to this because I will be given the same chemos Ive had these late few months. Following Consolidation 2 I will be in the Maintenance Phase of my treatment. This will be the longest and final phase which is about a year long, and it will finish out my two year treatment. :)
I have been so blessed with good health for what circumstances I've been given. I know so many of our prayers have been answered, as well as all the prayers that continue to be offered for us. We love you all so much and are so grateful for everyone that has supported us through these last few months. Thank you soooo much!!! I will try to keep this updated more often, sometimes its hard for me to sit down and write. Thank you again Kenzie for all your wonderful work on this blog, I love you! Love Britney.

5 comments:

  1. Britney, it was so good to see you last week at Seagull. Your positive attitude is incredibly inspiring. Thanks for the update.

    -brian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britney,

    I lOVE YOU AND JOE SO, SO MUCH!!! That's all I have to say after reading that. You are such a fighter! Please let me know if I can do anything for you! When you get out of the hospital, we need to watch our Finale movie! And go to the Bee's game, and the drive-in!

    Love you!
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what to say. I'm so grateful that you've been blessed to do so well in such difficult circumstances. I will keep you in my prayers. Hang in there 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Britney, you really are a perfect example of patience and long suffering. Your faith and hope are incredible. Thank you for being an inspiration to us and I'm so grateful your treatments are going so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I just stumbled on your blog off of someone else's, and it's nice to hear about someone else that knows about this sort of battle, and to hear that you're doing well. My husband just hit his 2-year mark, and will be done with chemo in May (27 months total). It sounds like you're just a couple of months behind us in treatment! If your husband had the BROWN recliner Lazy-Boy at LDS...I know that chair well! I spent all of February and most of March 2009 sleeping in that chair! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete