Saturday, August 1, 2009

Day wayyyyy to many


Britney is sooooo amazing. Every single day this week she has gone up to LDS hospital for chemotherapy. It takes about an hour and a half each time. (Depending on which nurse she gets) She is such a trooper and we are so proud of her. I went with her on Friday, and it just amazes me how well she is doing. The nurses will ask her what side effects she feels, and her response is usually “oh, nothing, I’m fine”. I do not want to take away form the “seriousness” of what she is going through, because it is not easy, but she is just amazing. She says all the time how grateful she is that she is doing so well.
She has a small “break” from chemo this weekend, but she gets hit hard again next week. I will do my best to keep you posted.
Everything takes her a lot longer to do which is fine, just a side effect. Her muscles ache, and she can get tires very quick. Its funny, because sometimes I just forget and will just start walking, and I turn around and she is still getting out of the car…. No big deal of course, just saying…
As of now, she takes about 15 pills a day. Sometimes it will be more, sometimes less. She rarely complains and I admire her for that.
Love ya Brit.

2 comments:

  1. I'm always happy to hear that you are doing so well. I think you deserve a massage!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Britney!!!!!
    It's me, Susan! We have just started the new school year and miss you terribly!!!!! The kids keep asking when you will come back. I tell them you may stop by for a surprise visit, if they do their work (what a bribe!!!!!).
    I think of you often and pray for you each evening. Sounds like you are doing well.
    Take care, love! I miss and love you tons!

    Love,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete